Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nerd Block: Horror Block

Ok so when I heard Nerd Block was starting a new box called Horror Block I knew I had to sign up. Hell I signed up almost 3 months ago so I would get this June box LOL. This box is a little more expensive than Box Of Dread but value wise they are right on par. Where BOD includes shipping in the $20 fee Nerd Block does not. Horror Block is $19.99 plus shipping (Which varies depending on where you live.) Horror Block is based in Canada so our friends up north can order this box as well!! Also price can vary just slightly. Horror Block always includes a shirt and for the larger sizes there is a small upgrade fee. Personally I love Horror tees and usually ones in womens styles are hard to find so this was a HUGE selling point for me. Anyway on with the box...
First thing I notice is this is not just a plain package. Horror block has taken the time to customize the box. Not something at all that would affect my opinion but just saying the box was way cool...

First off one thing I knew was coming was the current issue of Rue Mourge magazine. Horror Block has partnered with them so you will get the current issue in each box. So if you are a current subscriber you might want to consider that before renewing your subscription...
Next are the little filler items...These were kinda cool for filler. I got a bloody soap...it looks normal but turns red when you wash with it. Also I got some little horror movie decals. They can go on my phone/tablet/etc.
Then there was a Mystery Mini from Funko. I really love getting these guys but I am worried I will end up with doubles if the box services keep sending them...
Let's see what we got...
Ok so not a double but my least favorite of the series. Not a real big fan of Scream but hey...the fun of these guys is not knowing :P

And we got a full size POP figure from the Funko Walking Dead Series. Bit disappointed in the one I got but she is still awful cool...

And finally the t shirt. As I said you are guaranteed a shirt each month but you don't know what it is til you get it. I chose to get the womens fitted shirts in my box.
 And OMG!!! HOWFUCKINGAWESOME!! The first shirt is of course one of my very favorite characters!! I feel like I read something saying to order a size up but I ordered my size and it fit perfect!!

Overall super stoked with this first box. Got a few things I could do with or without but honestly I woulda payed the full price for just the shirt!! Super happy. Not sure if I will get the box next month due to my move but I will subscribe again as soon as I am able too ;)

Licks & Lashes,
Mistress Tragedy

1 comment: